The Sexual Rights Initiative (SRI) is hiring an Advocacy Advisor who will report to the Senior Representative of the SRI to the UN in Geneva.
Candidate Profile (Excerpt)
- A minimum of 3 years experience in legal and policy analysis and advocacy on human rights, including reproductive and sexual rights issues
- A degree in a related field such as: Human Rights; Political Science; Law; International Development; Public Health and Health Policy (an advanced degree would be considered an asset)
- Strong knowledge of global and regional human rights mechanisms and instruments.
- Knowledge of international agreements relevant to sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Knowledge of relevant international organizations especially the United Nations and its specialized agencies
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated commitment to reproductive and sexual rights and health
- Experience working with government officials, particulary diplomats and foreign ministry officials
- Preference will be given to applications from the Global South
- Monitor events, developments and initiatives within the Geneva UN Human Rights mechanisms
- Develop working relations and promote collaboration with UN agencies and other NGOs
- support SRI’s work at the Human Rights Council, the Universal Periodic Review mechanism, the Treaty Monitoring Bodies, and Special Procedures
- Serve as a secondary contact point for the SRI in Geneva
- Assist with the design, planning and running of events in Geneva
To apply, please send cover letter, CV and 3 references to email@example.com with subject line “SRI Advocacy Advisor Application” by close of business on Tuesday 18 April, 2017.
For the detailed job description visit Sexual Rights Initiative.